Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December Daily 2011 {days 3-7}

What better way to ring in the new year than to finish up unfinished projects from last year. And goodness knows I have a lot of unfinished projects from last year...what, with a cross country move & a new baby!

I have pretty much finished up my December Daily with the exception of a few days that I'm working on and I'll be sharing the pages over the next few days. I'm also working on getting caught up on Project Life...both the family album and Addie's album. So I have lots to share over the coming days!
Left side is the backside to day 2, right side day 3 & 4. 

When I was working on my December Daily I originally figured I would do a front & back side for each day. Then I realized I don't always have enough to share for the front & back of a page which is why days 3 & 4 are combined.
 
Left side - journaling for days 3 & 4. Right side - day 5. 

I didn't have anything to share for day 5 so I used a picture of my daughter's paper chain & snowflake decorating that she did Thanksgiving weekend. 
The picture was taken at the end of November but that doesn't matter to me. It's still part of our holiday decorating! Star punch is Stampin' Up.
The left side is the back of day 5. I just love the print of this OA paper so I left it as is. The right side is the beginnings of day 6. We had a lot going on that day - Christmas shopping in the morning with the hubs, then an orchestra concert & holiday program at school. So I have a few pages for day 6.
In the envelope I have some photobooth pics that the hubs, Addie & I took at the mall. Sometimes it's fun to just stop & take those :)
I journaled right on the back of the envelope. On the right side I have flocked snowflake paper as a little divider between the envelope & the rest of day 6's pages.
I love how you can see through to the next page. I added some Stickles on the edge.
More of day 6.
The left side is journaling, the right side holds school programs.  I found the page protectors at Staples. They were nearly the perfect size (5 1/2 x 8 1/2) so I just trimmed a bit off the top. Even the holes matched up in my album. Bonus!
The hubs & I had to split up that night because my 2 oldest both had holiday programs going on the same night. I couldn't find a journaling tag I liked for this page so I grabbed one from my new Project Life kit.
The right side is from the same night with my daughter's orchestra concert. I still need to find the program from that night to put in the album.
Left side day 7, right side day 8. I cut down a trading card page to put some photos of the frost covered trees for day 8. Still not sure if I'm going to add anything to that side or not.

So how did you do on your December Daily?? Did you finish?? Still working on it??
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Your December Daily is fabulous!! One of these years I will get my act together and do one of these albums. Can't wait to see more!

Cheryl B. said...

Still working on mine. One thing I did to fill the pages was add their letters/wish lists then I listed some of our traditions. Also listed things they got for Christmas. I think it will be fun for them to look back and remember what they received. If you do the elf on the shelf, you could add pics of him and his antics. He threw all of McKane's socks out of his sock drawer one day. LOL Love your album. All the embellishments add so much to them. Mine is very simple, just pics and a little journaling.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin