Friday, June 11, 2010

thrift store addict

Thanks for your comments on the last post!! I'm glad you liked my wooden photo collage as much as I did :)
 
I love snatching up a good deal. In fact, at risk of sounding like an 80s kid I had an awesome day thrifting today!! (which I will share in upcoming thrifty thursdays)

You will often hear me squeal with happiness in the middle of a thrift store when I find a super great deal or something that I've been looking for for a long time (like in the last post). Aside from the flea markets, thrift stores, & garage sales, you'll also always find me paroosing the clearance racks at department stores. I often buy the kids' clothes the season before when it's on clearance. You can find some great deals that way! I was saving money way before it was the "trendy" thing to do.

But you have to be willing to wait. That's the hardest part for me. I waited a long time to find my daughter's bed (which I'll be sharing soon). I waited months to find that tray in my previous post. Our motto: you never know what kind of treasures you're gonna find. And it's true! Sometimes we go to garage sales & flea markets & don't find much at all. Then other times the back of my van looks like this:
After my thrifting today I needed 2 vehicles...had to run home and grab the truck cause my van looked like this:

Shhhh...don't tell my husband! hehe I think my thrifting is starting to get on his nerves worry him a bit. But he did say to me the other day "at least you don't want to go out and spend $5K on a new set of furniture" Very true!

But it's so much fun when you find something!! I love it. I'm officially addicted. And I think my daughter's already addicted, too :) Btw, The Nester had a great post the other day about yard sales. A lot of it pertains to thrifting/flea marketing, too. Go check it out here.

And since I don't think I've done a layout about my new thrifty trips, here's one!
 Everything for this layout is from the latest Studio Calico kit.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Mara Campbell said...

First of all, beautiful layout!! I love the fresh colors, very pretty. And second...I think it's AWESOME to use the word awesome! It's part of my everyday lingo. :-) All your thrift store finds looks great, can't wait to see your daughter's bed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin